Our specialties > Residence


Residence is different from custody. Residence refers to the place where the children live.  The parent who is in that home is the residential parent.  If the children spend more than sixty percent of their time with one parent, that is the residential parent.  If the children spend at least 40% of their time with each parent, then the parents have shared residence with the child.

The courts may consider changing the amount of child support payable when the children reside with the payor parent 40% or more of the time. 

The lawyers at Sterling Law are experienced in Residence issues and are ready to assist you with your concerns.

family lawyer in brampton and mississauga, sterling law

Let's talk

Brampton Office: (905) 793-0557 ext 100

Mississauga Office: (905) 306-2793

Email: service@sterlinglaw.ca

Get an Appointment Today!